So here are some of the things I am doing or will do to succeed on my exams.
- Write out practice answers to the questions I already have or anticipate.
- Go back to the literature to fill in the blanks and beef up citations. Use a graphic organizer to distill the most important points. Bonus: I can bring this in to my oral exam.
- Condense my proposal blob into a concise prospectus by 3/6.
- Repeat step 1.
- Intermittently meet with committee members to make sure I’m on track.
- Keep meeting with my advisor, Diane.
- Limit distractions that I can control! For example, I disabled my Facebook account last week.